Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Big Girl Room!

We decided to start transitioning Jess into a toddler bed so I thought it would be fun to redecorate her new big girl room. Click the pictures for a bigger view.
The color scheme I went for was light pink with black and white with polka dots to match Minnie Mouse.
I'm still in the process of finding a comforter and sheets to replace the brown one we have for the guest bed. I would really like to find a black and white polka dot comforter with light pink sheets.
A special thanks to Grammy for sending us the big Mickey and Minnie sitting on the bed and she also sent some little ones too. The mickey is sitting on the shelf above the dresser and the Minnie is sitting on the toy shelf next to her shoes.
I put my own little touch into the room and I made these window valances to match one of the pillows I made. I plan to use this same fabric for a few other things in the room.


The little pillow on the left is the one I made that matches the valance. I also made the Minnie Mouse one on the right. I'm pretty proud of it.
Jessalyn loves her room and gets excited because "Mimmy" is all over the place. So far the transition into her big girl bed has been very easy when it comes to naps. Sleeping in it at night is a whole other story and a work in progress.

1 comment:

whitney said...

So cute! I LOVE those valences! They're definitely my favorite things in the room :) I'll have to keep my eye out for you for a polka dot comforter.