Sunday, April 1, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

Jessalyn has been sleeping in our bed with us since she was about two months old. We tried the bassinet when she was first born but we just found it was easier for all of us to get some sleep if she was sleeping right next to me since I was nursing. She will be 18 months on the 9Th so we decided now would be the time to start transitioning her out of our bed. She never actually used her crib because she was sleeping with us so I made the decision to take it down and put a toddler bed in her room. I'm still nursing her and my next goal was 18 months but that's coming up to0 fast and neither of us are ready to quit. I'm already having a hard time with her being in her own big girl bed. One thing at a time! haha. So two years will be my definite nursing cutoff.....maybe....we'll see. Or maybe I will be nursing a five year old. JUST KIDDING!! Two years will have to be it.
Just yesterday we were over playing with her cousins and she was pretty amused with her cousin Roman's bed. It's the exact same one that she now has. She kept crawling into the bed and pulling the blanket over her and saying "Ni-night". So last night after she fell asleep in our bed I went into her room and set up her toddler bed. Then this morning when we went into her room she was pleasantly surprised that she had a little bed like Roman now! Penny was pretty curious about it too.(She just woke up so that's why her hair is so wild! lol) Notice the picture I took of her jumping on the bed in mid air with her ears flying up! haha.
They were both having so much fun on this cute little mini bed. Jessalyn kept hugging Penny and Penny kept licking her face. Oh these two! Since I was switching things around in her room I figured it would be fun to change the decor a little bit. Her baby room was pink and brown with butterflies. At first I was going to change it to a Disney Princess theme but then I thought Minnie Mouse would be much more fun since she is pretty much obsessed with "Mimmy". I will have pictures up of her whole updated room soon.
Around noon I usually ask her if she wants to go take a "nappy". Most of the time she will get really excited and run to our room. Sometimes she will just tilt her head meaning no not yet. This time I asked her and she ran off in front of me. When I noticed the door to our room wasn't open I peaked in her room and noticed her climbing on her new bed. So we laid down together and she fell fast asleep in her new comfy bed.I'm so very excited about this! I know the night time will be a whole different story but at least she is showing some interest in sleeping in her own bed.

1 comment:

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

wow she made the transition look easy. I've started putting Mackenzie in her toddler bed now. net step is potty training. I've just slowly introduced her to the toilet so lets see what happens next.