Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kansas City Temple Open House

Yesterday I had the privilege of spending the day at the new Kansas City Temple. I got to work inside the Temple as an usher for the open house guiding people in the right direction.
It was my first time ever inside of a Temple and it was so gorgeous. I was lucky enough to take a peak into the rooms that Jordan, Jessalyn and I will get to sealed as a family very soon.
It was really fun watching all the guests taking the tour. They were all looking around with curious eyes in awe by the beauty of everything from the tile, to the paintings, to the base boards. I spent five hours right outside of the Baptismal font and I would sneak inside a few times to listen to the tour guides explain it to everyone. I must say I learned a lot.
I'm thankful my sister in law Heather offered to watch Jessalyn while we were there. I was a little worried about leaving her for so long but I knew she was in good hands. It was the first time I have ever left her for that long. And it turns out she did great. She only cried a little right when I left and then she had a great time the rest of the day. After we were done helping, Heather and the kids met up with us to take our own tour.

1 comment:

Forever Family said...

Can't wait till you guys get sealed! It will be a wonderful day!.