Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

For those of you who don't know, this is mine and Jordan's first official Christmas together. I grew up not celebrating holidays so every year we never had a tree in our house or any decorations. At first, the idea of having a tree was so weird to me. But as time went on I actually started getting excited about decorating it. This is a very exciting year for us! So on Saturday we went out to get a tree with James and Heather. We decided to go for a real one.

(Click on the pictures to see them bigger.)


Since I'm new to this whole tree thing, I wasn't aware of some things. Like I didn't know you were supposed to buy hooks separately from the ball ornament things. And I didn't know how to set up a real tree with water and everything. Jordan gave me the run down about how to decorate a tree. Apparently the lights go first. lol.
We even set the mood by listening to some Christmas music and Jessalyn waddled around playing with all the ornaments and walking back and forth around the living room and dining room. Luckily she really hasn't attempted to take anything off the tree yet. She was just touching the ornaments that she could reach.

Since I was getting into the spirit, we picked a red, white and silver theme for our tree. A few months ago we started our collection of ornaments since we didn't have any at all. We found some on sale and we each picked out our own. Well, we picked out Jessalyn's and Penny's but you get the point. I think they really fit our personalities. A piano for the music man of the house, lipstick for the beauty guru, a tiara for the Princess and a bone for the puppy!


Daddy helped Jessalyn put her ornament on the tree. She was pretty interested in the candy he had in his mouth as you can see her eyeing it.


And Jordan put the finishing touch!


We put it by the patio window so you can see it perfectly from outside.






I love how it turned out!



2 comments:

Christal said...

Oh! I'm happy for you! Joe's family had to teach me everything about the tree stuff as well, so what you said brings back a lot of memories! I still feel awkward when decorating the tree if his family is here when we do it(like I'm not doing something right! LOL) Establishing my/our own traditions has been kinda hard, and has taken me a long time to get the hang of. But, now I have happy treasured memories that truly tie my little family closer. :)I treasure every bit of it. Your tree looks pretty and I love your special personalized ornaments-we do that too. Merry Christmas!!!

whitney said...

Oh, so pretty! LOVE the lipstick ornament. It fits you oh-so-well! yay! for your first tree!

ps-I adore that picture of Jessalyn in the cupboard. so funny!