Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy first birthday Jayven!!!

A year ago on the 12th I was having a normal day as usual. Jess and I were out running some errands. We even has a little starbucks date just the two of us. Little did we know that would be that last day of just us two. We continued our day into the evening. I remember we ate lasagna for dinner. Then that was it.. The moment that changed our family of three forever. The moment I got up and ran to the bathroom because I knew something wasn't right. Rushing Jess over to the neighbors and going to the hospital as fast as we could. We weren't expecting this boy for another month so. We were shocked to find out that he was coming that night. 
I still remember all the emotions I had at the moment they told me they were going to take him out. I cried right away and was worried about my tiny baby. I remember how scared it was when they wheeled me into the operating room and prepped me for surgery. Everything from there is a pretty big blur. But I do remember as soon as they took him out I got a quick peak of him over the curtain and they whisked him off quickly. He was so tiny!
Then he spent the longest four months of our lives in the NICU. That has to be the most physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting time in all of our lives. That was definitely the slowest time. 


The rest of the 11 months have just flown by faster than any other months in my whole life!

4 months 

5 months 
6 months 

7 months

8 months 

9 months 

10 months 





Happy birthday my sweet baby boy!






No comments: