Friday, March 25, 2011

Moving!

We aren't moving very far. Just down the road a little but we are excited for many reasons. One of the biggest reasons....CLOSET SPACE! I was used to having walk in closets when we lived in a house. I had all the room I wanted for all my many shoes and all of my clothes. Moving into this tiny apartment most of mine and Jordan's closet space was taken up by our washer and dryer.


Yes...our washer and dryer. I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to put the washer and dryer hookups in the master bedrooms closet. This is our tiny little closet hallway in our bedroom going into our bathroom.


Look at all that wasted space that could be used for clothes! Not only does it take so much space but during the summer our bedroom turns into a sauna when the dryer is running. The mirror in the bathroom fogs up. That's how bad it gets. We can't even sit in the room because it gets so hot.


I also came to realize that I can't leave anything in this washer and dryer closet that I don't want to be extremely dusty. The lint from the dryer builds up on everything in there so everything eventually gets a layer of dust on it.




Okay...seriously...How do you expect me to fit ALL of my clothes and shoes in this dinky little thing!? Yes this is my closet. Yes that really is how tiny it is. And no those aren't all of my clothes. Notice I have those little hanger things where you can hang five hangers on one hook. That helps a little bit. But everything is so extremely squished in there it's so hard to find something and I absolutely hate hanging up my clothes because it takes work trying to squeeze it in there. Those are my winter clothes. All my summer clothes are packed up under my bed. And my winter shoes are the only shoes in there right now. My other shoes are packed under my bed as well. These are only my clothes. Jordan has the closet in Jessalyn's room and it's the same size.



That's not the only reason why we are moving but it's a big reason. We haven't had too many problems living here. Just a few but we don't think it's worth staying here. Even though we are in a nice neighborhood our complex isn't the greatest. It consists of either college students or very low income families. We fell in love with the new place we are moving to as soon as we walked in. The one thing that sold me on it is it has a utility room for our washer and dryer! Wow...who would have thought. Haha. Yes a separate room. Amazing. The floor plan is ten times better and there's a little more space. Which will be good since we will be having an active crawling baby pretty soon. We are moving in about a month from now. I hate moving! I wish I could just snap my fingers and everything will move from here to there. haha. But We are very excited to be living somewhere new.

No comments: