Monday, July 16, 2012

My daddy


One year ago today our AC broke and it was blazing hot in our house. So in middle of the night we went on over to James and Heather's house baby, and puppy and all. That next morning was a Saturday. Jordan was at work with James. I went back home to quickly take a cold shower and put Jess in a cool bath while I put my hair up and put on a little bit of makeup. Then I went over to a friends house to do some hair. After that I decided to go to the mall since it was nice and cool there. In between all this I got a random call from my brother. He asked if Jordan was with me. I said "No he's at work. He should be home soon. Did you need to ask him something?" and he said "Kind of. Tell him to call me as soon as he gets home." 

While I was browsing in forever 21 I got a call from Jordan. He asked what I was doing and how long I was going to be. Then he said he wanted me to come home as soon as possible. Then my heart started racing and I started to panic. Something was wrong. I asked him why and he said he had to tell me something but he wanted me to be home. Well I'm not a patient person and there was no way I was going to wait for him to tell me something that sounded so urgent. Then I begged him to tell me. And just as I was begging him one thought came to my mind. My dad. Was he okay? Did something bad happen to him? Then Jordan said he wanted me to stay at the mall and he would come pick me up because he didn't want me driving. Then he told me the worse news he could ever tell me. My dad passed away during the night. Right then my heart sank and everything became a blur. I started crying right there in the middle of Forever 21 and all I can remember saying was "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" I stormed out of the store trying to see through the tears in my eyes. I went to wait for Jordan was I cried and cried and prayed that my little baby Jess wouldn't sense how sad I was. 

Jordan picked me up and explained to me that my brother called him and told him that my father had passed away sometime during the night. My mom had thought he was sleeping all morning and when she went to wake him up she realized he was cold. My brother didn't want to tell me when he called me because he wanted to make sure Jordan was with me. Of course I called my mom and she was pretty much in shock. I knew I didn't want to go home so we decided to take a drive out to the Temple.

I'm pretty sure I will remember that day forever. And today, one year later, it feels just like yesterday. I still can't believe he is gone. But I am at piece in my mind knowing that he went peacefully. He went the way I would like to go one day. My mom said the day before he was so happy. He had a great day. He wasn't in any pain at all. He just passed away in his sleep. My mom said he looked so comfy. It makes me feel better to know that he didn't suffer.I also feel like he is always watching over me. He has been in my dreams every single day since that day. Some dreams I don't remember but most of them I do. They are always happy dreams and I wake up feeling like it's his way of letting me know that he is fine and that he is looking out for me. So today will be a happy day. It will be a day of celebrating his life. My mom said she is going to get ice cream and drive through the back roads like they used to do. I think I'm going to go get ice cream too. Maybe he is one of those stars in the sky smiling down at us. I love you, Pop!

No comments: