Sunday, July 15, 2012

A little obsessed

So if you ask Jordan, he will tell you that I'm a little obsessed with these dollhouses. I already did one post about the pink dollhouse we got Jess a few months back. I'm an avid Craigslist shopper and starting to really love yard sales and thrift stores. I found this first dollhouse with all the accessories for WAY less than the price I've seen in the stores. 
  
And then I found this blue house of course on Craigslist for $5. How could I pass that up?! It didn't come with any furniture so my mom sent me some money so I could get some necessities for the house. And where did I find the furniture? Take a wild guess. Haha. 



Here is the living room in the blue house. 
I found this baby at a yard sale for ten cents! What a gonga! She came with a mom and a big sister. 

Here is an adorable little ducky bathroom. I always wanted a ducky bathroom but I've never had one so this is perfect!
And look at this cute little sink with a medicine cabinet that opens. 
This is the little girls room with matching twin beds. 
I got a little crafty and made these beds for the house with comforters and pillows.


Here is another bed I made. I think this one is my favorite because I love zebra print. Jordan would freak if I put a zebra print comforter in our room. Haha. So this will do. 

And this is a fourth bed that I made. I actually like this for myself. I wouldn't mind having my bedding these colors! 




The kitchen in this house totally reminds me of my mom. She has chickens all over the place in her kitchen. 
And last here is the nursery in the blue house. Jess calls that little yellow mouse a monkey. 

Now on to the pink house. This is the laundry room complete with washer and dryer and ironing board. Jess always puts the little towels in that green laundry basket in the washer and dryer. She must watch me do it in our real ones. Haha. 

Here is the living room with some couches and chairs and swings for the babies. There's also a fireplace and a grandfather clock. 

Here's a pretty cute little office. Jess likes to talk on the tiny phone and plays with the computers little keyboard that pulls out like  real one.

Here's the bathroom with a little potty for the baby to use. 

The kitchen with the little puppy in the bed. One of Jessalyn's favorite thing about the house. She also loves putting the babies in the highchair to eat some "nums" as we call it around here. Haha.
Jess and I loves this little crib. The mobile plays a song when you press the button. She loves to press it and sing along to it. This is the little toddler girls room. As you can see her little head poking out of the crib.
The mommy and daddy's room.
The little girls room.
and the twins nursery all the way at the top of the house.
Jess loves this puppy. The dog usually has a little pink bandana on but silly Jessie Jess always takes it off. 

Here is the little yard complete with a grill, a garden and a swing set and slide. Or as Jess would call it a "Wee!" 
Her favorites parts of the house are all the babies of course and the puppies. And she absolutely loves putting them in the "wee!" 

I came across some youtube videos of moms who make all these things for their daughters dolls. I found this one mom who even made videos of her barbies with her daughter. It almost seemed like the mom was having more fun with the dolls than the daughter. After I watched a few videos getting ideas of little crafts to make for dolls, I realized I am totally like this lady. I have so much fun setting up the doll house. I love making clothes and dressing up her baby dolls. I remind myself of my mom. When I was little she used to dress all my barbies  and set them up for me after I went to bed so they were ready for me the next day. I guess I'm still a little girl at heart. And seeing Jess get so excited about putting these little babies to "nigh night" in their little cribs makes it even that much more fun. 




No comments: