Thursday, January 19, 2012

My First Project

Once I took my sewing machine out of the box and started reading the instruction manual, I was so overwhelmed with all the buttons and words like bobbin and walking foot. Umm....what does that mean and where do I put the thread?! Haha. After about two hours of interruptions from a baby and stopping to watch a tutorial on youtube, I finally figured out how to thread my sewing machine. Now what? Well, I scoured beloved pinterest to find my first project. I decided on something that seemed simple enough and something I actually need.
And here it is. A makeup brush roll up for my precious brushes. I never had a place to put them when I travel and I've been wanting something like this for a while.
Here is my finished product. What you can't see are some of the imperfections from trying to figure out what some of my buttons mean and deciding how fast I wanted my pedal to go. I'm pretty proud of it but I definitely need A LOT of work. Luckily two of my sisters in law know more than me so I'm definitely going to be asking them for tips. I really think I need to get together with Heather and some of the crafty girls from church and have a fun crafting and sewing class. hehe.

1 comment:

whitney said...

It turned out so great! Good for you for just jumping right in feet first!