Sunday, July 18, 2010

28 weeks!

"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."



I have officially entered into my third trimester. Now it's the home stretch! It almost seems like time has slowed down quite a bit. I know it will probably go by even slower as the weeks go on. I'm just so anxious to meet this little girl already. I want to see what color her eyes, I want to see if she is going to have lots of hair and if it's going to be dark like mine or a little lighter like Jordans. We were talking just yesterday wondering if she is going to have her daddy's nose or mine.

I have a new hobby and it's making hair bows! I have been going hair bow crazy. I decided she needs a different bow to match every outfit. Haha. So that's what I have been busy doing. They are a lot of fun to make and they keep me busy in the times that I'm not working and I'm alone to think about all the things that need to be done before she gets here.



I have been feeling great for the most part. My energy has taken a nose dive and I feel like a waddling penguin when I walk. lol. I have come to the conclusion that my nights of a good nights rest are over. I'm up about every hour each night tossing and turning and making about 4 or 5 bathroom runs. Oh the joys of pregnancy! And this is only the beginning. It only gets worse from here on out. Some days I don't feel quite as huge but then some days I look at myself in the mirror and can't imagine my belly getting any bigger than it already is. And I still have three more months to go! My ankles and feet have been killing me. I'm guessing it's just the extra weight that my body isn't used to. It's worse after I work. Being on my feet for four hours straight is probably not the best for my poor ankles. It's nice to come home and put my feet up and relax after. Other than that, I am still enjoying my pregnancy. No huge complaints. I love feeling our little baby J kicking and rolling around in my tummy. I'm really trying to enjoy every second of that because I know that's one thing I will miss once she is here. Here is a picture of how my belly is looking from today.
Well, here's to the last three months!

No comments: