Sunday, January 11, 2015

Welp...here we go again!

 Baby Sheffer number 3 is in the making. We couldn't be more excited about the new addition to our family. We found out on October 28th. I was complaining to Jordan about feeling extra moody and crampy. I had recently gotten my birth control removed and still had not gotten my period after Jayven was born so I thought I was finally just about start my period. Jordan told me to go take a pregnancy test but I didn't want to waste one just to get a negative. Later on I was upstairs and had to pee so I figured why not. I need to use the bathroom any way so I might as well take it not really expecting anything. I watched the test and then slowly the second line started to show up. My heart immediately started racing. Was this real? Were my eyes deceiving me? Nope... That was definitely a positive. So after I got done screaming "oh my gosh!" And jumping up and down I texted Jordan right away and sent the picture. Then Jess came in and asked what happened and asked if there was a buggy or something. Lol. 


Here's the first picture of our little bean at 6 weeks and 6 days! Since I never had a period I didn't actually know how far along I was when I got my positive pregnancy test. I called my midwife right away and they scheduled an ultrasound to figure out how far along I was. 

I got a surprise ultrasound at my almost 11 week appointment. My midwife tried to find the heartbeat with the Doppler but couldn't find it after trying for a couple minutes. She said she wasn't worried and that the baby was probably in a weird position. But of course I started freaking out and thought the worst. So she called and had somebody bring an ultrasound machine over. This little bean had me worried but she found the heartbeat right away once she scanned it. Sweet relief! 

So far this pregnancy has been different from my other two. My first and biggest symptom was feeling exhausted. I felt even more exhausted this time than I did the last two times. Probably cuz I have two little ones wearing me out too. And luckily I haven't really felt sick. Every once in a while I would get a wave of nausea or feel queasy but it would go away quickly. And it didn't happen every day. In the first few weeks some days I didn't even feel pregnant and other days I definitely do. I haven't had any actual cravings and my appetite has been so small. Not even because I've felt sick because I really haven't. It's just that nothing actually sounds good. And drinking anything has been a struggle. I have to remind myself that I need to drink something. Now that I'm out of my first trimester my appetite is slowly coming back but not fully yet. I'm starting to get more energy but I still struggle with getting motivated most days. I was doing so good with my anxiety for a while before I was pregnant but now I feel like I've taken a huge step backward as far as that goes. Darn hormones! I'm still breastfeeding Jayven and it's has been very painful but we're still pushing through and going strong with no plans on stopping any time soon. 

Here's a little look at how things are going this week!


Week: 15

Weight Gain: I lose a few pounds in the first trimester because I had no appetite. I think I've gained that weight back but nothing more.

Cravings:  nothing yet.

Clothing: I've already switched to maternity shirts because my regular shirts seems to ride up and maternity pants are so much more comfy.

Best Moment this week: nothing super exciting has happened this week.

Miss Anything? Energy!!

Movement? I'm starting to feel some tiny flutters!

Anything making me sick or queasy? Nothing in particular 
 
Mood: I'm not as exhausted as I used to be in the beginning.

Looking forward to: my appointment tomorrow.

Gender? Don't know yet.

No comments: