Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jessalyn's First Dollhouse!

I've been wanting to get Jessalyn a doll house for a while now. I grew up playing with a doll house my dad made for me. He completely wall papered it and made all the furniture. I played with that thing for hours and hours. So technically this was a gift from Aunt Martha :)
She has loved playing with it but not exactly the way it should be played with. She doesn't quite get that concept yet but she still has fun putting things in it and taking things out. I even put water in the little bath tub and she that it was pretty awesome. She would put one of the dolls feet in the water then lick the water off. Haha. And she knows what the little sink is for because she was pretending to drink out of it. lol.

I think that I'm just as excited with the doll house. Just like I am with all of her baby dolls and barbies. I'm probably even more excited. So excited that I decided that the house was missing something.
So I made a little chair for the baby to sit in, a little baby blanket and baby pillow and a little stuffed puppy.
I made a bed complete with a comforter, two red pillows and two matching polka dot throw pillows!
The mommy and daddy needed something to sit in so I made a comfy little couch with two bright little throw pillows.
She thinks it's funny when I put them to bed and cover them. She says "Ni Ni!" (Night night) Haha. Let's so what else I can come up with.

2 comments:

whitney said...

Look at you go, Little Miss Crafty-Pants! Love all the little handmade stuff!

I'm always a sucker for girl stuff, especially if I grew up playing with the same thing :)

Ashlee said...

That is SOO adorable! Cute furniture! As for playing..it's amazing to me how young they develop the sense of pretend! Ella was about her age when she started cooking pretend food for me!!