Sunday, May 29, 2011

What a special day!

After many prayers, I was given some answers to make my family feel whole. It's crazy how powerful just one little spirit can be like Jessalyn's. She got me questioning my faith and this is where it led me. I'm so grateful to be able to share this with my husband and to have our daughter growing up having a knowledge of the church.



Here we are just before Jordan baptized me. These are the missionaries that I was meeting with and helped me to get to this point. Elder Lynch and Elder Brower.




And here we are after the baptism. Words can't describe how great that moment was. Especially having my husband being the one to do it.




I guess I could say that this decision has been about 6 years in the making. I have always been surrounded by the church and members from the church ever since I can remember. It's hard changing what you believed to be true most of your life to something that you know is true. My mind was conflicted for a very long time. But I finally got my answers. This has been such a life changing decision for the better. I can't wait to see what blessings are ahead for our family.




We can't wait for a year from now. We will be able to go to the temple as a family and be sealed for all time and eternity. I never understood how special this opportunity is until now.



We had such a great day all day yesterday. It pretty much rained all day but it didn't ruin anything. I think we had smiles on our faces the whole day. After the baptism we got together and had a potluck with all the friends I have made so far being here in Kansas and in the ward.


Then as usual we had a little family photo shoot. haha. look at that silly little face! I love
my little family. Penny was around there somewhere but Jessalyn must have been pulling her ears or something. lol.

No comments: