Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

Today we got out first big winter snow since being here. It snowed pretty much all day and Jordan's classes got canceled due to the snow. We took advantage of it and went sledding with James and Heather and the boys.
Penny surprisingly likes the snow. I was worried what she would do but she ran around in it and started eating it. lol. It was pretty funny. Her legs are pretty short so she sunk into the snow a little bit.

We got some pretty sweet snow gear that we would never have any use for in Tucson. I was nice and warm and dry the whole time!

We went sledding across the street from us at Jordan's school. They have pretty nice hills to go down and it was packed. Everyone was out of school so they all had the same idea. The boys got pretty daring and did way better than I did. I pretty much screamed every time I went down. Caleb my five year old nephew told me that I screamed like a baby when we went down in the sled together. Haha. Silly boy.
And here is little Roman. He's almost two and he slowly warmed up to the idea of sledding. He watched everyone else a few times then wanted to try it. He loved it! He giggled the whole way down and eventually went down the sled by himself. Brave little boys. Jessalyn is going to have a lot of fun with her cousins when she is old enough.
Luckily we had Jessalyn's aunt Heather to hold her and keep her warm while mommy got to have some fun on the sled.
She was nice and cozy and bundled up thanks to Aunt Heather. It's so funny to think Jessalyn is going to grow up knowing snow and not knowing anything about living in the desert like I did.



Jordan got pretty daring too. He tried to go as fast as he possibly could. It was a nice work out and he was pretty tired after our snow day festivities.

I needed to take a little nursing break in the car with Jessalyn and decided to make it a photo op. Haha.
And she got pretty tired too.

No comments: