Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oh the Joys!


I've decided that once I hit my third trimester things have not been quite as easy. Luckily it's just the normal aches and pains that go along with pregnancy and everything with the baby is healthy. This pregnancy stuff is really just taking a toll on my body. I guess I knew this would happen but I didn't really know in what ways. I really hate to be a complainer. When people ask how I'm feeling I always like to tell them I'm feeling good and not bore anyone with the backaches and other pains.


About two months ago, I started getting some pain in my feet. I figured it was just from working on my feet and the extra weight I'm carrying around so I didn't think anything of it. As the weeks went on the pain started getting worse. Now it's so bad that it hurts to walk from one room to the other in our tiny apartment. It's getting very frustrating and I'm forgetting what it's like to be able to walk from one place to the other with out thinking ahead like I need to bring this and that with me so I don't have to walk ALL the way back over there get it. I now have an appointment with an orthopedic dr. to check out what's wrong with my feet and what we need to do to make them better.


The most frustrating thing to me is that I really want to keep working. My plan was I wanted to work up until a few weeks before my due date. Now I really don't see that in my future. I like working because it keeps me busy for a few hours a day and also gives me a little exercise. The extra money helps a lot too. I've cried too much in the last few days over this and I'm so over it. These darn hormones making me cry at every little thing. haha.


I have been very lucky with such an easy and healthy pregnancy. But leave it to me to have the most random things happen to me. No I don't get typical pregnancy symptoms. I get my first stomach flu in my whole life, my first pink eye about three times in a row and now I might be walking around in a cast for the rest of my pregnancy! (I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.lol) I guess I should be thankful since all this stuff really hasn't had any effect on the baby at all. It's all just me.


So I must thank my little Baby J for all of these wonderful things. Haha. But through all of this all I can think about is how worth all of it is going to be in the end. That moment that I'm holding her in my arms I will probably forget all about this stuff that's making me cry. She is worth any little ache and pain even though right now I can't wait for October to be here faster.


I am 32 weeks this week so that means we only have 8 more weeks left! At this point I feel like I've been pregnant forever. But I feel like I'm in a dream and that this experience is such a miracle. I've wanted to be a mommy since I was a little girl playing with my cabbage patch dolls. I'm so blessed to be given the chance to experience this little miracle growing inside of me. This beautiful miracle that Jordan and I have created together.

1 comment:

Erik & Cassie said...

I love this entry!!! Made me get teary-eyed!! You guys are SO cute :)