Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's a.....

.......BOY!!!!
Our 20 week ultrasound was on Thursday, May 9. Of course time passed by so slowly before then. We left Jess with some friends so Jordan and I could go to the appointment. I was so anxious and excited that my hands were all sweaty and I couldn't sit still while we sat in the waiting room.


When we finally got back to the room the ultrasound tech asked if we knew the gender yet so we told her not yet but we really wanted to find out. So she got into it pretty quickly. She started moving the little doppler thing around on my belly and as soon as she got to the area it was pretty obvious. I saw that little thing between the babys legs and knew right away that I had a little boy in there! I wasn't surprised at all! But I was super excited to confirm what I had suspected from the beginning. And so excited that now we get to have a precious baby boy.
The ultrasound tech was having a lot of trouble getting pictures because he wouldn't stop moving. She said he was the most active baby she has seen in a long time.
Then one of the cutest things happened. He stood still long enough for us to watch him try to get his tiny little thumb in his little mouth. You could see him trying pretty hard and opening his mouth to get it in there. I got pretty teary eyed because of how stinkin cute it was!! But then he must have got bored and gave up and rolled over. Haha. 
 This little boy is already trouble. He made me so sick the first few months. And has caused other pregnancy related issues that I never experienced with Jess. And then he was a crazy little wiggly guy who would barely stay still long enough for her. So I think I'm going to have my hands full with this one. 

What I'm mostly excited about it to see what he's going to look like. The Sheffer gene is pretty darn dominate. Take a look at Jess for example. She's practically her daddy's twin. So I can only imagine having another little twin of Jordan's but a boy version this time. All I know is he is going to be super freakin cute!!
 After our appointment we planned on going and buying a few outfits with some money I had been saving up. It was so fun buying new baby clothes and getting to look in the boy section this time. Then we went to tell Jess about her baby brother. She's really excited and keeps talking about "baby brudder". She's going to be such a great big sister.

 Then we finished off our exciting day with a trip to the Temple. What a great place to celebrate the newest member to our eternal family!





No comments: