Friday, December 17, 2010

10 Weeks Old

Jessalyn is going to be 10 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe it. Jordan and I told her to slow down and stop growing for a little while. We wish she could stay a baby for two years and then start getting bigger. Haha. She is so alert and loves to watch us. She started smiling a lot more this week. She wakes up with a huge smile on her face and sometimes when you talk she thinks it's pretty funny and smiles. It looks like she is trying very hard to laugh. I'm sure little baby giggles are coming up soon.
Another thing she has been doing a lot this week is sucking on her hands. I try to give her a binky but she prefers her hands more. They must taste pretty yummy. I tried to see if she could suck her thumb but not quite. With all this hand sucking maybe she might turn into a thumb sucker.

And as you can see as a lady said out at a restaurant the other day, "She doesn't miss a meal!" lol. Look at those cute arm rolls, and chubby cheeks and double chin. I love chubby babies! I was a pretty chunky baby so she's following in mommy's footsteps.
She is doing great sleeping at night. She doesn't completely sleep through the night yet but she does normally sleep about ten or more hours which is great for me! She wakes up to eat about two or three times at night. She doesn't completely wake up. She starts squirming and makes little noises and that's how I know she is hungry so she eats a little then falls right back to sleep. We have a routine that we started at about four weeks. She gets a bath every night at around 8 or 9 then she gets her sleepy time lotion and into her jammies. We get into bed with her blankey she usually nurses until she falls asleep. We haven't skipped a day since we started and it's working great for us. I think it's her favorite part of the day. She is so much fun. I love just hanging out and having little baby conversations with her.




No comments: